If there is an emergency requiring immediate medical attention, call 911 immediately.
Contact a physician immediately if you’re exposed to pool or spa chemicals and follow the appropriate steps as listed below:
- In the event of skin or eye contact with chlorine products, flush the area with water for at least 15 minutes.
- If chemicals are accidentally ingested, sip on water, but do not induce vomiting. Never give anything to drink to an unconscious person.
- If fumes have been inhaled, move the affected person to fresh air as quickly as possible.
Chemical Disposal and Spillage
If you have an incident involving HTH® EXTRA, GLB® or Rendézvous™ products call 1-800-654-6911. This is the Lonza Emergency Action Network (LEAN). The people who answer the phone are all trained to assist you in an emergency.
- Call the LEAN line, 1-800-654-6911, for assistance in disposing of chemicals. Do not throw them in the trash.
- If any of your pool or spa chemicals spill, call 1-800-654-6911 for special handling instructions.
- Do not backwash into a stream or river.
- Do not throw spilled material into trash.
- A spill requires emergency handling if there is any sign of activity such as a bulging container, bubbling, hissing, gassing, smoking, or fire. In such an event, call 1-800-654-6911 and notify them of the activity.
Request Material Safety Data Sheets
Please contact our MSDS Consultation Line at 1-800-511-6737 to request a Material Safety Data Sheet. You may also request an a Material Safety Data Sheet by fax, regular mail or by E-mail.
Our MSDS Consultation Line is available from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (EST) Monday through Friday. Our trained specialists are available to provide technical expertise and help interpreting an MSDS. During off hours, please leave a message and your request will be processed the following business day.